Friday 10 October 2014

Post 7: HOW GREEN ARE YOU?

This Friday I’m going to write about pollution and environmentally friendly practices to avoid this phenomenon.

I think the most of people  are informed about of the seriousness of the matter and are taking measures to help reduce their “carbon footprint”. Many people know this problem due to non-governmental organizations work that are dedicated to disseminating information; due to government’s campaigns, news and features of TV programmes, etc. 


 For my part, I consider myself a responsible person but not very committed to the cause, in fact, I have never joined or supported eco-organisations. I don’t know why, but it never interested me so much to dedicate myself seriously, maybe because I had no friends or someone could stimulate me to do it. 

However, since last year I started recycling my garbage in Santiago because I started living near the Faculty of Economics and Business where there are recycling bins to the garbage. Sometimes, I use my bicycle, but only for trips within the burrogh. 


The rest of the times I use public transport; neither me or my family are accustomed to using the car. Moreover, I use my clothes and technological objects until they stop working or break, in that sense I’m not very consumerist. At the moment, I would like to start using my bike to go everywhere, have more plants and reduce operating time lights and tech gadgets, reduce my shower time, etc.

2 comments:

  1. maybe you'll develop your eco friendly attitude with time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same thing happens to me, I don’t know why I’m not a compromised person with environment. :(

    ReplyDelete